Along with Polaris, Kawasaki, Honda, and Suzuki which are the top names in the manufacturing of all-terrain vehicles, Yamaha has made its mark first by introducing three-wheeled ATVs and then later on venturing also to the sale of four-wheeled ATVs. Since a growing number of children are also into the sport of ATV riding, a Yamaha 50cc ATV model will always be among the top list of the most purchased youth ATVs in the market.
Yamaha’s Raptor 50 which was first introduced in 2008 is the right size for the young child at least 6 years old who is very new to the motorized vehicle. If your child has been into riding an electric ATV in his earlier years he will not have a very hard time getting used to with the motorized ones.
Here is a summary of the Raptor 50’s features and specifications, which is basically a smaller prototype of the bodywork of Yamaha’s 700R model:
- 49cc air-cooled, single cylinder, four-stroke engine which requires low maintenance and provides a clean, reliable, and smooth ride; and environmentally friendly, too.
- Electric start button
- Primary Shaft drive for a maintenance-free drive system
- Large fuel capacity at 1.8 gallons
- Automatic transmission for a clutch- and shift-less drive
- Adjustable throttle limiter
- Handlebar-mounted parking brake
- Front dual sealed drum brakes
- Rear sealed drum brakes
- Rear tires with Dunlop AT 16 x 8-7
- Front tires with Dunlop AT 16 x 7-7
- 6-month warranty
Buying the Yamaha Raptor 50 may be done on Yamaha’s official website or you may also choose to contact the dealer nearest you. Either way, you will fully enjoy all the specifications and features of the ATV as well as the limited warranty provided to its customers. When your child becomes more adept and skilled in riding you may slowly introduce him to bigger sizes of ATVs. You need not necessarily buy him right away. Many ATV parks and tracks offer ATV rentals for your child to try on and get accustomed to.